EIGHTH INFANTRY 1950
Formed in California in 1918 and activated in 1940 for WW II, the 8th, landed on Omaha Beach in 1944. They fought across France, Luxembourg and Germany. This cap is from the 8th’s post-war station in the Ruhr where it was known as Eight Up (meaning Ate Up or Screwed up) and also as the Crazy Eights. Gray Wool Crown, Navy 3” Visor, Original Vintage Patch.