CHICAGO WHALES 1914
The Chicago Whales played in the short-lived third major league, the Federal League. In 1914 the team lacked a formal nickname and was known simply as the Chicago Federals. Nonetheless, they finished a game and a half behind the in the inaugural season. Adopting the Whales nickname and moving into newly built Wheegman Field (now Wrigley Field), the only extant Federal League stadium, they won the championship in 1915 by .001 percentage point. But even the tight pennant race in which 6 of the 8 teams had a chance could not disguise the falling attendance figures. In the autumn, for the second year in a row the Feds challenged the American and National Leagues to a playoff to settle the World Championship, but it was not to be and the League slid into oblivion. Still its ball caps remain. White Wool Body, Red Soft 2” Visor, Navy and Red Embroidered Logo.