In 1775 Juan Manuel de Ayala on entering San Francisco Bay called a 22 acre rocky island, La Isla de los Alcatraces (Island of the Pelicans). Then it was Ft. Alcatraz, a minimum security prison where doughboys did time and received military or vocational training. They built a ball field and prisoners played the Seals and Oaks. Our cap dates from the first year of Al Caponeís incarceration. A photo of the field is seen at: http://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/id167.html. White Wool Flannel with Navy Pinstripe, Black 2 1/2" visor, Red Eyelets and Button, Red Stitching on Black Felt Logo.